The Honeywell Thermal Expansion Absorber is an expansion tank with a butyl diaphragm. The Thermal Expansion Tank controls pressure build-up in the system, eliminates relief valve spillage, protects fixtures and extends water heater life.
- Heavy duty butyl rubber diaphragm (FDA approved) isolates water from air.
- Polypropylene liner, 100% non-metallic, non-corrosive water reservoir.
- Prevents water hammer.
- Maintenance free.
- Protects water heater from harmful pressure cycling.
- Allows storage of expanded water with no increase in system pressures.
- Prevents backflow when supply pressure falls below system pressure.